On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Jason Meyer talk about identifying and rooting out discouragement in our lives and the place of God’s people in the local church helping to address discouragement in their lives, along with his book, Don’t Lose Heart: Gospel Hope for the Discouraged Soul (Baker, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How Christians can begin to spot the lies of discouragement.
- How Christians can root out the lies of discouragement in their lives.
- What Martyn-Lloyd-Jones can teach us about the topic of discouragement.
- How discouragement is a form of identity theft.
- How our expectations affect our being discouraged.
- What Christians should do when they feel overwhelmed by life and the responsibilities of life, work, and family.
- The role a right and biblical perspective of life in Christ has on Christians combatting discouragement.
- How Christians in our local churches help one another confront discouragement in our lives.
- What role encouragement has in combatting discouragement.
- Help for those struggling mightily with Satan’s lies that they are worthless to God.
- Advice to Pastors and ministry leaders struggling with discouragement.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!