On the latest Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins, and Jason Duesing discuss fighting against cynicism and for joy, along with his book, Mere Hope: Life in an Age of Cynicism (B&H, 2018)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Preaching the gospel to ourselves and fighting against cynicism.
- How being in community in the local church helps Christians fight against cynicism and for joy.
- The danger of platform building, Christian stewardship, social media, and ministering for God’s glory alone.
- Why cynicism is so destructive.
- How C.S. Lewis helps Christians learn to fight against cynicism and for joy.
- The four directions of mere hope.
- How John Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress can help Christians facing hard situations but needing encouragement to be of good cheer.
- How growing in our understanding of the person and work of Jesus helps God’s people learn to fight against cynicism.
- How having the proper perspective as Christians helps them have the proper perspective so that they will remain in gospel hope.
- How our ambition should align with the ambitious hope of the Bible.
- How Carl Henry’s teaching on the Christian life being a life-view helps Christians fight against cynicism.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!