On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Hayley Satrom discuss meditating on the love of God in Christ, overlooking offenses, strategies for assessing our hearts before the Lord, handling conflict and forgiveness, along with her devotional, Forgiveness Reflecting God’s Mercy (P&R, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How meditating on God’s love and mercy helps Christians be tender to the task of forgiveness.
- What it looks like practically for Christians to set their minds on Christ.
- Why forgiveness is a heart attitude that Christians must pursue before the Lord in prayer.
- Why forgiveness is an ongoing process and what that means for Christians.
- How we root out bitterness and judgments in our lives as Christians.
- What it looks like to overlook offenses in our lives as Christians.
- How to best assess our hearts before the Lord.
- The role of Scripture in helping Christians with forgiveness.
- How the sufficiency of God’s grace helps Christians when it seems like we can’t forgive those who have hurt us.
- In what way forgiveness is not a sprint but a marathon.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!