On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Glenna Marshall provide advice and encouragement to those struggling with assurance, and discuss issues related to waiting on the Lord, facing doubt, and the gospel, along with her book, Everyday Faithfulness: The Beauty of Ordinary Perseverance in a Demanding World (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What genuine perseverance of faith looks like and consists of.
- What it looks like to take a long view to our spiritual growth and to discipline ourselves for the sake of godliness.
- Advice and encouragement for those struggling with assurance.
- What it looks like to wait on the Lord when it’s hard and why it’s essential Christians wait on and trust the Lord.
- How the gospel helps Christians to face doubt and to grow in the grace of God.
- How Christians should address seasons of coldness in our faith and grow from them.
About the Guest
Glenna Marshall (BA, Union University) is a pastor’s wife and mother of two energetic sons. She is the author of The Promise Is His Presence and writes regularly at GlennaMarshall.com on biblical literacy, suffering, and the faithfulness of God. She is a member of Grace Bible Fellowship in Sikeston, Missouri.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!