On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Gavin Ortlund discuss why all communication is theological, what it looks like to have a theological backbone, engaging in theological maturity and triage with love and wisdom, Finding the Right Hills to Die On: The Case for Theological Triage (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why all communication is theological.
- What theological instincts are and how can they guide us in the real situation of life and ministry.
- How we fight for the unity of the faith while we stand fast for biblical truth.
- What it looks like to have a theological backbone.
- What it looks like to cultivate wisdom in theological triage.
- Why boldness needs to be wedded to love and love wedded to boldness.
- What makes first-rank doctrine essential to the gospel.
- How we exercise wisdom, discernment, and relational maturity while being loving on second and third-order theological matters.
- What it looks like to exercise pastoral theological maturity when ministering to people.
- What theological maturity looks like and how it ads theological triage.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!