On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave and Esther Smith talk about help for family members and friends to walk alongside those with chronic illness, lessons on weakness, friendship and care, and the sufficiency of Christ, and waiting on the Lord, along with her new book, Chronic Pain Walking by Faith (P&R, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Advice for family members and friends walking alongside those with a chronic illness.
- Learning to deal with frustrating news through a biblical worldview.
- What it looks like to be faithful to the Lord and steward the gifts of God while having a chronic illness.
- Lessons on weakness in the Christian life.
- Lessons on friendship and care from Christian friends.
- Lessons on the sufficiency of Christ.
- What it means to wait on the Lord and what it looks like with chronic illness.
About the Guest
Esther Smith (MA in Counseling, Liberty University; Certificate from Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation) is a biblical counselor at Life Counseling Center.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!