Welcome to the fifty-sixth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Tony Merida about his book The Christ-Centered Expositor: A Field Guide for Word-Driven Disciple Makers (B&H Academic, 2016)
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Tony’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- The problem of biblical illiteracy among pastors and ministry leaders and what to do about it.
- Weaknesses in young preachers and how they can overcome them.
- Learn what makes a great preacher/teacher of the Word of God.
- Learn what is expository preaching.
- Learn how Pastors and Bible teachers should proclaim Christ from the Scriptures.
- Learn how Pastors and Bible teachers can learn to rely on the Holy Spirit’s power.
- Why Pastors and Bible teachers should cultivate a vibrant prayer life.
- A few the essential ingredients Tony personally find most helpful in his own sermon preparation.
- Some things to avoid in our sermon delivery.
- Some keys to pursue in our sermon delivery.
About the Author:
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.