Welcome to the fifty-sixth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Tony Merida about his book The Christ-Centered Expositor: A Field Guide for Word-Driven Disciple Makers (B&H Academic, 2016)
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Tony’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- The problem of biblical illiteracy among pastors and ministry leaders and what to do about it.
- Weaknesses in young preachers and how they can overcome them.
- Learn what makes a great preacher/teacher of the Word of God.
- Learn what is expository preaching.
- Learn how Pastors and Bible teachers should proclaim Christ from the Scriptures.
- Learn how Pastors and Bible teachers can learn to rely on the Holy Spirit’s power.
- Why Pastors and Bible teachers should cultivate a vibrant prayer life.
- A few the essential ingredients Tony personally find most helpful in his own sermon preparation.
- Some things to avoid in our sermon delivery.
- Some keys to pursue in our sermon delivery.
About the Author:
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!