Welcome to the fiftieth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Scott Sauls about his book Befriend: Create Belonging in an Age of Judgment, Isolation, and Fear (Tyndale, 2016).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Scott’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- How to cultivating authentic friendships.
- Some of the biggest challenges facing relationships within the Christian community.
- How Christians can develop friendships that mirror Jesus’ friendships.
- The radical nature of Jesus’ relationships with other people.
- Finding the courage to be truly vulnerable with each other in a world that prizes perfection.
- How Christians should pursue friendship with those outside the faith.
- How to truly listen to others.
- The nature and need of accountability.
Scott Sauls is the author of Jesus Outside the Lines and serves as senior pastor of Christ Presbyterian Church in Nashville, Tennessee where he lives with his wife Patti and two daughters, Abby and Ellie. Previously, he was a lead and preaching pastor for Redeemer Presbyterian Church in New York City, where he worked alongside Dr. Timothy Keller. Scott has also planted churches in Kansas City and St. Louis and is a frequent speaker at conferences, leadership retreats, and to university students. Befriend is his second book.
Twitter handle: @ScottSauls
Blog site: http://scottsauls.com/blog/
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!