Welcome to the 150th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Joe Rigney about his book, Lewis on the Christian Life: Becoming Truly Human in the Presence of God (Crossway, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The central place of the Choice in Lewis’ thought.
- How reading C.S. Lewis will help Christians become better Christian readers and writers.
- How Christians can charitably, engage with those, we disagree with, while biblically and thoughtfully learning from them.
- How C.S. Lewis helps Christians grow in their understanding of Christian hedonism.
- C.S. Lewis and recovering the place of imagination in the Christian life.
- The legacy of C.S. Lewis.
About the Guest
Joe Rigney (MA, Bethlehem College and Seminary) is assistant professor of theology and Christian worldview at Bethlehem College and Seminary in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He is the author of Live Like a Narnian: Christian Discipleship in C.S. Lewis’s Chronicles and The Things of Earth: Treasuring God by Enjoying His Gifts. He lives in Minneapolis with his wife and two sons.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!