Welcome to the 148th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Christine Hoover about her book, Searching for Spring: How God Makes All Things Beautiful in Time (Baker, 2018),
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why beauty is the most potent weapon, we have to fight back with.
- Why the pulse of beauty is in seen and unseen places.
- Why it’s vital to understand how God sings through His creation so the hearts of His people might sing in hope-filled response to him.
- How God’s people keep the big story of redemption in view when waiting on the Lord.
- How God’s people can work creatively as they wait on the Lord for something to be made beautiful in our lives.
- How Christians can help one another through seasons of suffering.
About the Guest
Christine Hoover is a pastor’s wife, mom, speaker, and the author of Messy Beautiful Friendship, From Good to Grace, and The Church Planting Wife. She has written for The Gospel Coalition, For The Church, and Christianity Today. Blogging at GraceCoversMe.com, Christine enjoys helping women apply the gift of God’s grace to their daily lives. She lives in Virginia.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.