Welcome to the 144th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Jason Meyer about his book, Lloyd-Jones on the Christian Life: Doctrine and Life as Fuel and Fire (Crossway, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The Christian life as one of doctrine on fire.
- The life, ministry, and work of Martyn Lloyd-Jones.
- The place of doctrine in the Christian life and how it should shape Christian’s lives.
- How ministry leaders can help God’s people see the organic connections between doctrine and its application.
- How the deductive structure of Lloyd-Jones helps Christians face spiritual depression.
- How Lloyd-Jones encourages Christians towards regular, daily communion with the Lord in His Word.
- What ministry leaders can learn from Lloyd-Jones approach to teaching the spiritual disciplines.
- The legacy of Lloyd-Jones.
- Why we again need men like Lloyd-Jones and what such men look like.
About the Guest
Jason C. Meyer (PhD, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is pastor for preaching and vision at Bethlehem Baptist Church and associate professor of New Testament at Bethlehem College and Seminary. Prior to coming to Bethlehem, he served as dean of chapel and assistant professor of Christian Studies at Louisiana College. He is the author of Preaching: A Biblical Theology and a commentary on Philippians in the ESV Expository Commentary.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.