Welcome to the 141st episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Nick Roark about his book, Biblical Theology How the Church Faithfully Teaches the Gospel (Crossway, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The treasure of daily Bible reading.
- Taking a life-long perspective of walking with God.
- Why the discipline of biblical theology is so essential to reading the Bible faithfully.
- How missing the point of the Bible’s story produces false gospels and false churches
- A summary of the Bible’s storyline and how it centers on the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- The danger of moralism and why it’s so dangerous for pastors and Bible teachers to engage in moralistic teaching.
- The author’s decision to provide preaching and teaching tips.
- Some practical tools and next steps to help put biblical theology to work in local churches.
- Why biblical theology matters to the person in the pew.
- The connection between biblical theology and mission.
- How Luke 24 should shape our Christian life and ministries.
About the Guest
Nick Roark (MDiv, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary) serves as the pastor of Franconia Baptist Church in Alexandria, Virginia. Nick previously served on the pastoral staff of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, DC. He is married to Allison and they have three children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!