Welcome to the forty-sixth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Carl Trueman Luther on the Christian Life: Cross and Freedom (Crossway, 2015).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. Trueman’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- Why Luther’s thought continues to be so influential today.
- A few lessons Pastors and ministry leaders can learn from Luther’s ministry.
- Four of the greatest theological contributions Luther made to the study of theology.
- The legacy of Martin Luther.
- His upcoming writing projects.
- His advice to Bible college and seminary students looking to get into ministry.
- Why Christians should study church history.
- Recommended resources for learning more about Luther.
About the Author:
Carl R. Trueman (PhD, University of Aberdeen) is the Paul Woolley Professor of Church History at Westminster Theological Seminary and pastor of Cornerstone Presbyterian Church (OPC) in Ambler, Pennsylvania. He was editor of Themelios for nine years, has authored or edited more than a dozen books, and has contributed to multiple publications including the Dictionary of Historical Theology and The Cambridge Companion to Reformation Theology.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!