On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Laura Lundgren share their top books for 2018, talk about the various projects they are working on at 2019, and Laura shares about her goals for the women’s ministry here at Servants of Grace.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Dave and Laura’s top books for 2018.
- Laura’s vision for the women’s ministry.
- The various series Dave and Laura are working on at the beginning of 2018.
- Dave and Laura’s vision for Servants of Grace in 2018.
Laura’s top books for 2018
- Love Thy Body: Answering Hard Questions about Life and Sexuality by Nancy Pearcey.
- The Gospel Comes With A House Key by Rosaria Butterfield.
- On Reading Well: Finding the Good Life through Great Books by Karen Prior. Read Laura’s review here.
- All That’s Good’: Recovering the Lost Art of Discernment by Hannah Anderson. Read Laura’s review here.
- Perfectly Human: Nine Months with Cerian by Sarah Williams. Read Laura’s review here.
Dave’s top books for 2018
- 12 Faithful Men: Portraits of Courageous Endurance in Pastoral Ministry Edited by Jeff Robinson and Collin Hansen. Listen to my interview with Jeff here.
- Defining Deception: Freeing the Church from the Mystical-Miracle Movement by Costi Hinn. Listen to my interview with Costi here.
- Lloyd-Jones On the Christian Life: Doctrine and Life as Fuel and Fire by Jason Meyer. Listen to my interview with Dr. Meyer here.
- Watchfulness: Recovering a Lost Spiritual Discipline by Brian Hedges. Listen to my episode with Brian here.
- The Gospel Comes with a House Key: Practicing Radically Ordinary Hospitality in Our Post-Christian World by Rosaria Butterfield. Listen to my interview with Rosaria here.
- Even Better Than Eden: Nine Ways the Bible’s Story Changes Everything About Your Story by Nancy Guthrie. Listen to my interview with Nancy here.
- Made for Friendship: The Relationship That Halves Our Sorrows and Doubles Our Joys by Drew Hunter. Listen to my interview with Drew here.
- Holy Sexuality and the Gospel: Sex, Desire and Relationships Shaped by God’s Grand Story by Christopher Yuan. Listen to my interview with Christopher here.
- Reformed Preaching: Proclaiming God’s Word from the Heart of the Preacher to the Heart of His People by Dr. Joel Beeke. Listen to my interview with Dr. Beeke here.
- Susie: The Life and Legacy of Susannah Spurgeon by Ray Rhodes. Listen to my interview with Ray here.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!