On the latest Equipping You in Grace, Dave Jenkins and Chris Hutchinson discuss the importance of humility for the Christian life and ministry, along with his book Rediscovering Humility: Why the Way Up is Down (New Growth Press, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How we can cultivate humility in our ministries and local churches.
- How Christians today can recover the biblical category of stewardship in the conversation on platform building.
- How Christians can learn to cultivate humility without abandoning their convictions and engage one another on secondary doctrinal matters in love.
- Dealing with challenging theological controversies in love and in private.
- How humility unlocks one of the great Christian mysteries of the Christian faith.
- How Christian leaders can help young people learn to cultivate humility in our local churches.
- Learning to fight for humility while engaging others on social media.
- Dealing with conflict in our local churches with the love of Christ.
- The local church and growing in humility.
- Relational maturity and growing in humility.
- The importance of faithful local church ministry.
- The legitimacy for ministry beginning in our homes and then in our local churches.
- Humility and spiritual growth.
- Learning to take heat out of secondary doctrinal matters so we can begin to have healthy Christian dialogue.
- The importance of asking questions in theological dialogue.
- Older people mentoring young people.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.