On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Dr. Carl Trueman discuss how Christians should speak to the growing tide of LGBTQ, transgenderism, the social acceptance of pornography, and how Obergefell versus Hodges revealed changes in our culture, along with his book, The Rise and Triumph of the Modern Self: Cultural Amnesia, Expressive Individualism, and the Road to Sexual Revolution (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Some of the current challenges regarding sexual identity Christians face and how to speak to them.
- How Christians should speak to the growing tide of LGBTQ within the local church.
- How Christians should speak to the growing tide of transgenderism.
- How Christians should speak to the growing social acceptance of pornography.
- How Obergefell versus Hodges revealed changes in our culture.
About the Guest
Carl R. Trueman (PhD, University of Aberdeen) is professor of biblical and religious studies at Grove City College. He is an esteemed church historian and previously served as the William E. Simon Fellow in Religion and Public Life at Princeton University. Trueman has authored or edited more than a dozen books, including The Creedal Imperative; Luther on the Christian Life; and Histories and Fallacies. Trueman is a member of The Orthodox Presbyterian Church.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!