On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Bob Kellemen discuss how biblical counselors can equip and empower parents with grace and truth, how our personal time with the Lord impacts our interactions with others, along with his new book, Gospel-Centered Family Counseling (Baker Books, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Learning to work through issues biblically as a family.
- How biblical counselors can equip and empower parents to learn to be caring and loving parents.
- How our personal time with the Lord impacts our interactions with others.
- The role the local church can have in family counseling.
- What it looks like practically to parent with grace and truth.
- Some of the best ways counselors can help families to work together towards better communication with each other.
- Learning to discipline your child in a loving and godly way with grace and truth.
- The importance of biblical counselors helping families learn to communicate well in counseling so they can communicate well outside of counseling.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!