On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Bob Kellemen discuss how biblical counselors can equip and empower parents with grace and truth, how our personal time with the Lord impacts our interactions with others, along with his new book, Gospel-Centered Family Counseling (Baker Books, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Learning to work through issues biblically as a family.
- How biblical counselors can equip and empower parents to learn to be caring and loving parents.
- How our personal time with the Lord impacts our interactions with others.
- The role the local church can have in family counseling.
- What it looks like practically to parent with grace and truth.
- Some of the best ways counselors can help families to work together towards better communication with each other.
- Learning to discipline your child in a loving and godly way with grace and truth.
- The importance of biblical counselors helping families learn to communicate well in counseling so they can communicate well outside of counseling.
About the Guest
Dr. Robert W. Kellemen is vice president of strategic development, academic dean, and professor at Faith Bible Seminary in Lafayette, Indiana. Founder of RPM Ministries, he also served as the founding executive director of the Biblical Counseling Coalition and has pastored four churches. He is the author of nearly 20 books, including Gospel-Centered Counseling.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.