On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Alasdair Groves have a wide-ranging conversation about helping people learn to process and navigate their emotions so they may grow in maturity and love, along with his book with Winston Smith, Untangling Emotions (Crossway, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance emotions play in helping Christians grow in maturity and love.
- How feelings of shame impact how we engage with our emotions.
- How Christians should engage their more troubling emotions, such as anger and doubt.
- Advice for pastors and Bible teachers on doing a sermon series to help people learn to process and navigate their emotions in a God-honoring way.
- Strategies biblical counselors can use to help people process and navigate their emotions.
- How one can practically nourish their emotions.
- How emotions expression the things we love, value, and treasure.
- How Christians should process negative, unpleasant emotions.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!