On today’s Equipping You in Grace Episode, Dave Jenkins and Jonathan Leeman discuss the relationship of the love of God to the Christian life and the ministry of the local church, along with his book, The Rule of Love: How the Local Church Should Reflect God’s Love and Authority (Crossway, 2018)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why it’s so important to understand the character of God to understand biblical love better.
- Why love and authority clash against our most basic intuitions.
- The God-centeredness of the love of God.
- How the love of God relates to the mission of the church.
- How local church’s decisions about what to pray, sing and pray reveals what they think of the love of God.
- What it looks like for a church to display the love of God by loving one another as Christ has loved us day to day.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!