Thank you for your interest in writing on Servants of Grace. Our writers have written all over the internet for publications like The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, Modern Reformation, Blue Letter Bible, The Huffington Post, The Washington Times, to name a few. Here at Servants of Grace, we value high quality, Bible-saturated, and God-glorifying writing. Below you’ll find information related to what we expect for writing on our website.
How can I pitch my article or book review idea?
Step 1: Read and follow the following submission guidelines.
Our purpose: Servants of Grace is a multi-media ministry that exists to help people know the God of the Bible and to equip God’s people to grow in and serve God’s grace in the local church and beyond.
SOG Article and Review Pitch Guidelines
We currently accept unsolicited article or review pitches. All writing for Servants of Grace should reflect these core values.
Biblical: We are looking for content that is focused on a biblical text and is faithful to that biblical text.
Practical — Give us a plan for how to address a problem or issue in the Christian life or ministry. Diagnose the heart of the issue and root your application in the finished work of Christ. We are looking for practical, not pragmatic.
Devotional — We are looking for content that helps us treasure Christ more greatly, know him more deeply, and orient around his gospel. Biblical reflections, theological meditations, or spiritual illustrations. Help us enjoy grace and delight in God.
Whether you are a man or a woman, to write on our website we request that you be broadly Reformed, be a complementarian affirming both the Danvers and Nashville Statement from the Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood, and be a member in good standing in a local church or pursuing church membership in a local church
In addition to this we request that your content is:
- Local Church Promoting
- Culturally Winsome
- Mission Driven
- Within these parameters, there are lots of possibilities for topics and texts to explore.
- We love articles that cover topics like biblical manhood and womanhood, biblical counseling, Christian living, and ministry topics.
- Broadly Reformed.
- Be clear and biblically sound, but write with excellence and creativity to the best of your ability.
- Solid and theologically sound ideas are a must.
- The editorial team will respond to article pitches within ten to fourteen business days.
Step 2: Submit a query below. Your query should include:
- Your name and email address
- One or two paragraphs on how your article or review fits within Servants of Grace mission
- Summary of the article or book review idea
- Your intended reader
- A brief personal bio
- A writing sample (if you’ve never written with us before)
- You will have 300-2000 words for your article.
- Submit article or review pitches using the contact form below or email email@example.com.
Step 3: Receive feedback from our editorial team.
Step 4: Begin writing the full-length article or review!
Step 5: Once your article or review is written, and we’ve posted it, please share it throughout your social media channels and on your blog (if you have one). You may post the article you’ve written for us on your blog with a link back to the original article on SOG. This should read something like “This article was first published at Servants of Grace (with a hyperlink on Servants of Grace).”
We do not offer compensation for resources submitted to Servants of Grace.