On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Flip Michaels discuss the importance of biblical truth in the Christian life and ministry, along with his book, Five Half-Truths; Addressing The Most Common Misconceptions Of Christianity (Christian Focus, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of Christian’s grounded their worldview in the authority of God’s Word and not in our opinion.
- How sound convictions about the Word of God help Christians face challenges to the Word of God.
- What separates biblical Christianity from every other religion.
- How Christians balance the attributes of God’s holiness with His love and His love with His holiness.
- What difference it makes that Jesus is fully God and fully man for our lives.
- Understanding the balance between faith and works and it’s importance for the Christian life.
- Flip’s personal testimony on how he came to understand the five critical biblical truths.
- The importance of theology in the Christian life.
- Learning to respond to those who believe lies about biblical Christianity.
- Why Christians are not anti-intellectual.
- The importance of standing firm for biblical truth while still speaking the truth in love.
- How the Church has wrestled with biblical truth and provided responses to many of the current issues in the Church in the creeds.
- The importance of the sufficiency of Christ in the Christian life.
About the Guest
Flip Michaels is an Associate Pastor at GraceLife Church outside of Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Book Overview promo: https://vimeo.com/309162312
Bible (half-truth #1) promo: https://vimeo.com/309312073/ac385dc0b1
God (half-truth #2) promo: https://vimeo.com/309372490/5b444c6985
Christianity (half-truth #3) promo: https://vimeo.com/309376432/b82983417e
Christ (half-truth #4) promo: https://vimeo.com/309503207/73b961095a
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!