Welcome to the ninety-second episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave interviews Jeff Vanderstelt–Gospel Fluency: Speaking the Truths of Jesus into the Everyday Stuff of Life (Crossway, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Jeff’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- Jeff’s counsel to pastors and ministry leaders about ministry burnout.
- The origins of gospel fluency.
- What gospel fluency means.
- How gospel fluency changed the way, Jeff explains evangelism.
- How gospel fluency is changing the lives of the people in Jeff’s church.
- Jeff’s process of preaching the gospel to himself and what drew him to this practice.
- The importance of gospel fluency to local church membership.
- How gospel fluency addresses spiritual apathy.
- How being a good listener makes us even more effective gospel witnesses.
- Some helpful tips for sharing our gospel story and making Jesus the hero instead of ourselves.
- The first step someone should take in becoming gospel fluent.
- How we guard against knowing gospel vocabulary but not the power of the gospel.
About the Guest:
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!