Welcome to the eighty-fourth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Trevin Wax about his book This Is Our Time: Everyday Myths in Light of the Gospel (B&H, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Trevin’s life, marriage, ministry and upcoming ministry projects.
- The influence Trevin’s Romanian father-in-law Florin has had on his own life and faith.
- Why Trevin believes the smart phone is a myth-teller.
- What impact technology has on our hearts and minds.
- The stories we tell ourselves about possessions, status, and success.
- How Hollywood and the Bible are after the same shared goal.
- The three maps everyone is trying to discover.
- The problem with seeing Christianity as only a private part of life.
- The myths people and Christians believe about marriage.
- Why sex is neither everything nor nothing, but a sign.
- The importance of acknowledging the myth of progress and the myth of decline in the history of the world.
About the Guest:
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!