Welcome to the fifty-fourth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Nancy Guthrie about her book What Grieving People Wish You Knew about what really helps (and what really hurts) (Crossway, 2016)
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Nancy’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- What to say to those who are hurting.
- Things to avoid saying to those who are hurting.
- Help for when you show up to minister to hurting people.
- How to minister the gospel with sensitivity and care to those who are hurting.
- How to care for those who are hurting on social media.
- Some of the most popular misconceptions about heaven and hell that people have.
About the Author:
Nancy Guthrie teaches the Bible at her church, Cornerstone Presbyterian Church in Franklin, Tennessee, and at conferences worldwide. She and her husband, David, are the cohosts of the GriefShare video series used in more than 10,000 churches nationwide and also host Respite Retreats for couples who have experienced the death of a child. Guthrie is also the host of Help Me Teach the Bible, a podcast of the Gospel Coalition.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!