Welcome to the 134th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Dr. Dan Dewitt about his book, Life in the Wild: Fighting for Faith in a Fallen World (The Good Book Company, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why Christians should have a brutally honest picture of what living in a fallen world.
- How Adam and Eve’s story not only theirs but ours also.
- How guilt and shame are twins but not identical twins.
- Biblical gender roles and biblical sexuality.
- How a biblical theology of the cosmos help us make sense of the headlines.
- Why Christians should see creation as a gift from God to steward and care for.
- Why stories like J.R.R. Tolkien the Lord of the Rings so captures our attention.
- The power of stories and how they not only shape our lives but our worldviews.
- Why it is essential for Christians to have a biblical understanding of death.
- How C.S. Lewis helps us learn that we can’t write a good story for ourselves on our own.
- The Bible as it’s own best apologetic for the Christian faith.
About the Guest
Dan DeWitt is the Associate Professor of Apologetics & Applied Theology at Cedarville University, Ohio and Director of the Center for Biblical Apologetics & Public Christianity. Dan and his wife, April, have four young children. Dan blogs regularly at theolatte.com
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!