Welcome to the 125th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins and Grant Castleberry talk about biblical gender roles and the authority of Scripture.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- What biblical gender roles are.
- The relationship of the doctrine of creation to biblical sexuality.
- How the authority of Scripture should shape our engagement in biblical hermeneutics.
- What complementarians believe about abuse.
- How biblical gender roles and the authority of Scripture are under attack in the church today.
- Ministering to those who have experienced abuse with the gospel.
- Ministering the truth of God’s Word in a culture of doubt.
- The danger of redefining orthodoxy doctrine and standing fast for biblical orthodoxy.
- The redemptive storyline of Scripture.
- Preaching the Word with compassion and courage.
About the Guest:
Grant serves as Pastor of Discipleship at Providence Church in Frisco, Texas where he lives with his wife GraceAnna and his children. He is also a PhD student in Church History at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is Marine Corps veteran. He holds a B.S. from Texas A&M and an M.Div from The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!