Welcome to the 113h episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Jason DeRouchie on his book How to Understand and Apply the Old Testament: Twelve Steps from Exegesis to Theology (P&R, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why is it so important for Christians to read the Old Testament.
- The guiding principles that guide Jason’s approach to biblical interpretation.
- The makeup of a biblical passage.
- How we observe how the biblical passage is communicated.
- What process we should utilize to discover the context of the biblical passage.
- How biblical theology helps Christians grow in their understanding of the Bible.
- How systematic theology helps Christians grow in their understanding of the Bible.
- How to apply the biblical text to oneself, the church, and the world.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!