Welcome to the 110th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Andrew Walker about his book God and the Transgender Debate (The Good Book Company, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Andrew’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- What transgenderism and gender fluidity are.
- The good news of the gospel for those experiencing gender dysphoria.
- How local churches should respond to the challenge of transgenderism.
- How our culture has gotten into the mess, it has in regards to the moral and sexual revolution.
- The Bible’s teaching about humanity.
- The Bible’s teaching on gender.
- How Gospel loving Christians can minister to their transgender neighbors with the grace of God.
- What Jesus has to say to those experiencing gender dysphoria or are transgender.
- How local churches can take the Great Commandment serious while showing compassion to those who enter their local churches.
- How parents should speak to their children about gender identity.
Andrew T. Walker is Director of Policy Studies for the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!