Welcome to the 109th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews How to Read and Understand the Biblical Prophets (Crossway, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Why the Prophets are so neglected in contemporary evangelicalism.
- How Christians should read the Prophetic books of the Bible.
- What contribution the Prophets make to the biblical worldview.
- What a covenant is and why it’s so important to understanding the Prophets.
- The function of repetition in Hebrew Literature.
- The nature of Hebrew Prophecy.
- What apocalyptic language is and how we should interpret such language in the Bible.
- How Pastors should preach the Prophetic books of the Bible.
Peter J. Gentry (PhD, University of Toronto) is professor of Old Testament interpretation at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary and director of the Hexapla Institute.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!