Welcome to the 108th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Matthew Harmon about his book Asking the Right Questions: A Practical Guide to Understanding and Applying the Bible (Crossway, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Matthew’s life, marriage, ministry and upcoming ministry projects.
- How to overcome fear and anxiety and ask good questions of the biblical text.
- Four key questions we should ask about the Bible.
- Four key questions we should ask to apply the Bible.
- How Matt has seen his method of biblical interpretation affect people’s Bible reading.
- The importance of understanding redemptive history.
- The benefits of reading the Bible in community.
- Some practical ways to apply the gospel more broadly to our lives as Christians.
About the Guest:
Matthew S. Harmon (PhD, Wheaton College) is professor of New Testament studies at Grace College and Theological Seminary in Winona Lake, Indiana. He was previously on staff with Cru for eight years and is the author of several books. Matthew and his wife, Kate, live in Warsaw, Indiana, and have two sons.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!