Welcome to the 104th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Matthew Barrett on his book God’s Word Alone—The Authority of Scripture: What the Reformers Taught…and Why It Still Matters (Zondervan Academic, 2016).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- What is Sola Scriptura?
- Why Reformation around biblical authority was needed in the 16th century.
- The modern shift in authority and how it affects biblical interpretation today.
- How the Bible is under attack today.
- How Christians should respond in love to attacks to the Bible.
- How God has spoken in covenantal words.
- The inspiration of Scripture.
- The inerrancy of Scripture.
- The sufficiency of Scripture.
- The clarity of Scripture.
About the Guest:
Matthew Barrett (Ph.D., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is Associate Professor of Christian Theology, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, as well as the executive editor of Credo Magazine. He is the author of several books, including God’s Word Alone, Owen on the Christian Life, and Salvation by Grace, and the series editor of the 5 Solas Series.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!