Welcome to the 102nd episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Thomas Kidd about his book Benjamin Franklin: The Religious Life of a Founding Father (Yale University Press, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. Kidd’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming writing projects.
- The Founding Fathers and whether they were Christians or not.
- A brief sketch of what deism is.
- Dr. Kidd’s process for writing books on American history.
- The major events of Benjamin Franklin’s life.
- How Franklin came to know George Whitefield.
- What influence Whitefield had on Franklin.
- Franklin’s religious and theological perspective.
- Why Christians should read and study American history.
About the Guest:
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!