2018 has been a great year for Servants of Grace in a lot of ways. We’ve not only experience growth across our social media channels but also traffic wise where we grew across the board in unique visitors and page views. Also, our audio downloads went up again this year, and thousands of people viewed our issues of Theology for Life. We have much to give thanks for, including the addition of a new staff member Laura Lundgren this Fall who became our Women’s Editor. You can get to know Laura and hear us talk about Servants of Grace in 2019 here.
At the outset of this report, I wish to begin by giving thanks to the Lord. He continues to use this ministry, and for that I am thankful.
I also wish to say thank you to my wife. She is a constant source of encouragement to me, and without her, it would not be possible to execute Theology for Life Magazine. This past year we did the following issues:
January 2018: Engaging with God: A Foray into Prayer and Spiritual Warfare http://servantsofgrace.org/theology-for-life/engaging-with-god-a-foray-into-prayer-and-spiritual-warfare/
April 2018: From Alpha to Omega: A Portrait of Jesus http://servantsofgrace.org/theology-for-life/from-the-alpha-to-the-omega-a-portrait-of-jesus/
July 2018: Biblical Gender and Sexuality: An Expose On Manhood and Womanhood http://servantsofgrace.org/biblical-gender-and-sexuality-an-expose-on-manhood-and-womanhood/
October 2018: Expository Preaching: Scripture and the Church http://servantsofgrace.org/expository-preaching-scripture-and-the-church/
Forthcoming December 2018: Loss and Grief.
This past year I was able to do a lot of podcasts for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast, Ask Us Anything Podcast, and for our sermon feed. The following list is only from Equipping You in Grace and represents in no particular order our most downloaded episodes for 2018. We also added a new podcast with Matt Perman called Getting Unstuck with Matt Perman.
Ray Rhodes. Listen to this episode with Ray here.
John Frame. Listen to this episode with Dr. John Frame here.
Jen Wilkin. Listen to this episode with Jen Wilkin here.
Bryan Chapell. Listen to this episode with Bryan Chapell here.
Wayne Grudem. Listen to this episode with Wayne Grudem here.
Owen Strachan. Listen to this episode with Owen Strachan here.
Costi Hinn. Listen to these two episodes with Costi Hinn here and here.
Rosaria Butterfield. Listen to these two episodes with Rosaria Butterfield here and here.
Christopher Yuan. Listen to this episode with Christopher Yuan here.
Josh Moody. Listen to this episode with Josh Moody here.
In 2018 we continued to do series here at Servants of Grace. We are finishing up a series on Discovering Joy in Christ During the Holidays in the next week.
We also did a series geared towards Pastors’ Wives we called Letters To The Hearts of Pastors’ Wives.
We also continue to do Bible Series here at Servants of Grace. Here are the following series we did this year:
Psalm 119: http://servantsofgrace.org/category/the-gospel/the-gospel-and-the-christian-life/psalm-119/
1 Peter: http://servantsofgrace.org/category/the-gospel/the-gospel-and-the-christian-life/1-peter-the-gospel-and-the-christian-life/
2 Peter: http://servantsofgrace.org/category/the-gospel/the-gospel-and-the-christian-life/2-peter-the-gospel-and-the-christian-life/
1 John http://servantsofgrace.org/category/the-gospel/the-gospel-and-the-christian-life/1-john-the-gospel-and-the-christian-life/
2019 will see us continue to do many new series. At the beginning of the year, we plan on doing a Bible series through the Sermon on the Mount. Laura is planning to do a women’s series on issues related to platform and stewardship. In April of 2019, we will do an issue of Theology for Life on doubt. In January on Equipping You in Grace we are doing a month-long series on biblical counseling.
Top Twelve Most Read Articles in 2018
1) Remembering Dr. Kevin Collins the Protégé and Mentor In Sorrow and in Hope by Mike Milton. http://servantsofgrace.org/remembering-dr-kevin-collins-the-protege-and-the-mentor-in-sorrow-and-in-hope/
2) Faithful Are the Wounds of a Friend by Christina Fox. http://servantsofgrace.org/faithful-are-the-wounds-of-a-friend/
3) The Importance of Sound Doctrine by Costi Hinn. http://servantsofgrace.org/the-importance-of-preaching-sound-doctrine/
4) A Lament for Valentines Day by Gaye Clark http://servantsofgrace.org/lament-valentines-day/
5) A Beginnings Guide to the Amazing Infallible Word of God by Justin Huffman http://servantsofgrace.org/a-beginners-guide-to-the-amazing-infallible-word-of-god/
6) Dear Daughters by Bonnie McKernan http://servantsofgrace.org/dear-daughters/
7) Four Truths to Hold On To When Your Pastor Husband is Discouraged by Jen Oshman http://servantsofgrace.org/four-truths-to-hold-on-to-when-your-pastor-husband-is-discouraged/
8) Confessions of a Selfie Culture by Josh Buice http://servantsofgrace.org/confessions-of-a-selfie-saturated-culture/
9) What About Those Who Reject the Christian Sexual Ethic http://servantsofgrace.org/what-about-those-who-reject-the-christian-sexual-ethic/
10) The Relationship Between Preaching and Counseling by Jim Newheiser http://servantsofgrace.org/the-relationship-between-preaching-and-counseling/
11) A Walk With My Father into the Hope of the Father by Dave Jenkins http://servantsofgrace.org/a-walk-with-my-father-into-the-hope-of-the-father/
12) Advice for Young Dads in Ministry by Joey Tomlinson http://servantsofgrace.org/advice-for-young-dads-in-ministry/
On behalf of Laura, my wife Sarah, and myself, I want to thank each of you who continue to listen and view our content here at Servants of Grace. We are excited to be able to continue to bring you excellent content that helps you grow in the Word of God, in the grace of God, for the building up of local churches, for the glory of God.
In Christ Alone,
Executive Director, Servants of Grace Ministries