Welcome to the forty-eighth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Heath Lambert A Theology of Biblical Counseling: The Doctrinal Foundations of Counseling Ministry (Zondervan, 2016)
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. Heath Lambert life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- Counseling as a theological discipline.
- How a biblical understanding of the attributes of God help counselors ministers to their counselees.
- How a growing understanding of suffering helps counselors minister to their counselees.
- The place of biblical counseling in the local church.
- The aim of studying theology.
- A few of the biggest lessons Dr. Lambert has learned as a biblical counselor.
- What listeners should look for when considering going to a biblical counselor.
About the Author:
Heath Lambert (PhD, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is the Executive Director of the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors and is the Associate Pastor at First Baptist Church Jacksonville, FL. He is also a visiting faculty member at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Lambert is the co-editor of Counseling the Hard Cases: True Stories Illustrating the Sufficiency of God’s Resources in Scripture (B&H, 2012), and author of The Biblical Counseling Movement After Adams (Crossway, 2011), Finally Free: Fighting for Purity with the Power of Grace (Zondervan, 2013), and co-author of Transforming Homosexuality: What the Bible Says about Sexual Orientation and Change (P&R, 2015).
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!