Welcome to the forty-fourth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Philip Ryken about his book When Trouble Comes (Crossway, 2016).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. Ryken’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- How Dr. Ryken has dealt with difficulty in his own life.
- What Christians today can learn from Elijah’s depression.
- How Paul’s suffering helps Christians today face affliction in their own lives.
- Advice for Bible college and seminary students looking to get into ministry.
- How Christians can address depression in their lives.
- The current trends in evangelical theology that most encourage and concern him.
- How Christians should deal with temptation.
About the Author:
Philip Graham Ryken (DPhil, University of Oxford) is the eighth president of Wheaton College. Formerly, he served as senior minister of Philadelphia’s historic Tenth Presbyterian Church. He has written or edited more than 40 books, including the popular title Loving the Way Jesus Loves, and has lectured and preached at universities and seminaries worldwide.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!